Cleaning a Mazzer Robur S Espresso Grinder
A step by step guide on how to thoroughly and efficiently clean your Mazzer Robur S espresso grinder.
- Unscrew hopper retainer screw, remove, and store coffee.
- Remove screw covers and using a number 5 hex key unscrew the four hex bolts to remove the burr unit.
- Clean top burr within burr unit and set aside
- Vacuum grinds chamber.
- Remove retaining pin for coffee duct (chute?). Set safely aside.
- Remove duct by pulling outwards, into grounds chamber.
- Remove the wire damper (clump crusher) and clean duct carefully so as not to damage.
- Wedge burr carrier with cloth covered screwdriver into grinds chamber.
- Unscrew and remove top bolt by turning anti-clockwise with a size 13 wrench, or ideally a socket.
- Remove Propeller, Conical Burr, the Key from the drive shaft, and the Blade Carrier.
- Clean conical burr, and blade carrier with a soft brush or microfibre cloth.
- Re-Vacuum empty grinds chamber. Use Microfibre to remove any further debris.
- Replace Burr Carrier, Conical Burr, Driveshaft Key, Propeller, and Top Bolt.
- Wedge burr carrier with cloth covered screwdriver into grinds chamber. Secure Top bolt by turning Clockwise until tight.
- Replace burr unit and secure with hex bolts, replace plastic covers.
- Replace hopper securely and you are ready to go!
You Will Need
Adjustable Spanner or size 13 Wrench or Socket.
Right-Angle Metal Pick
Copper Wire Brush
Size 5 Metric Hex / Allen Key
15 to 20 minutes